Winterizing Your HVAC Systems in Bountiful, UT
Get a Head Start on Winter HVAC Prep
It won’t be long before winter arrives in Bountiful, Utah. Given our cold and snowy winters, we know the place of a heating system in keeping you and your family comfortable. The change of seasons represents the perfect opportunity for homeowners to assess the state of their HVAC system before winter hits. If you suspect that you may need HVAC maintenance or heating repair before winter, don’t hesitate to contact us for an appointment, since this is the perfect time! We’ll perform an inspection, give you an HVAC tune-up in Bountiful, and even let you know if you need AC or furnace repair.
Save up $1,350 on Plumbing and HVAC!
Hibernate Your Air Conditioning System
The first step of winter HVAC maintenance involves shutting down your air conditioner for winter. Most Utah families will find that the AC system will not be turned on at all from about October through April, and there are certain things that you can do to protect your system from damage in the winter. Here are some things that our technicians will do to ensure that your AC is ready to handle next summer’s heat.
- Clean out the gunk: Your AC picks up dirt and other gunk throughout the summer. Before you give it a well-earned rest for the winter, our technicians will clean it out to make sure that it’s ready for next year.
- Protect from the elements: Here in Utah, we get plenty of snow and ice in the winter. Protect your AC system from the elements by covering it with a plastic cover and unplugging it.
- Inspection: While our technicians are at your home looking at your heating system, why not get your AC inspected while you’re at it? The last thing you want is for spring to arrive only to find that your system isn’t working well.
Prepare Your Heating System
Now that your AC has been taken care of, it’s time to ensure that your heating system is ready to handle the cold. If it has been some time since you have had a professional inspection, schedule a furnace check-up with Craig’s Services. Here are some things that we’ll do during the inspection and check-up:
- Filter change: Throughout the winter, your furnace’s filter collects a lot of dirt and dust. To prevent that from blowing through your home, our technicians will change the filters.
- Chimney inspection: We’ll also check for any obstructions in your furnace’s chimney, such as bird nests and debris. Also, soot in the chimney can negatively affect your home’s HVAC system.
- Clean burners: Typically, dust and debris can collect on the furnace’s burners during the summer. Thus, we’ll clean the burners before the winter starts.
- Thermostat check: While your furnace can be in perfect condition, it will not matter if your thermostat isn’t working.