Is your heat pump ready to handle the frigid Utah winter nights? In order to properly prepare your home for the winter, you will want to check your heat pump to ensure that it still can do what it is supposed to. If you’re noticing certain signs and symptoms of an older or malfunctioning heat pump, it is likely time for a heat pump replacement.
At Craig’s Services, our team of certified HVAC professionals provides heat pump repairs and replacement services to businesses and homeowners all over the Northern Salt Lake City area. While your system does not need to completely stop working in order for you to replace it, there are certain signs that it is at the end of its lifespan.
Signs You Need Heat Pump Replacement in Northern Salt Lake City
- Your Heat Pump is Over 15 Years Old: The average lifespan of a heat pump is 15 years, so if yours is reaching old age, it is likely time for a new one.
- Short Cycles: If you notice your heat pump switching on and off frequently, then it is not working as it should.
- Loud Noises: Excessive noises such as groaning or rattling may be a sign that your heat pump is on the fritz.
Here at Craig’s Services, our professionals provide a wide variety of heat pump-related services. These include:
- Repairs and replacements for all heat pumps make and models
- Residential and commercial services
- Heat pump tune-ups and maintenance
Types of Heat Pumps
When it comes time to replace your heat pump, you’ll find that there are a number of different types. Here is how you should choose the right heat pump for your Northern Salt Lake City home.
- Air Source Heat Pump: This type of heat pump extracts heat from outdoor air and transfers it into your home. Air source heat pumps are among the easiest and cheapest heat pumps to install and take up very little space.
- Ground Source Heat Pump: Also known as a geothermal heat pump, a ground source heat pump extracts heat energy from the ground and soil around your foundation and transfers it into your home. These types of heat pumps are more energy-efficient than air-source heat pumps, especially in the winter.
- Water Source Heat Pump: This type of heat pump extracts heat energy from water by pumping the water directly through the heat pump. It is only viable if you have a body of water close to your home.
When you choose to work with Craig’s Services, you will experience our tried-and-true process, which always puts the customer’s needs first. At the very least, here is what we will do:
- Come to inspect the home
- Provide a flat rate quote
- If you choose to get the heat pump replaced, we will replace it in a timely manner
Customers Appreciate Our
- Status as an authorized Lennox Premier Dealer
- BBB accreditation with an A+ rating
- Membership in the Rocky Mountain Gas Association (RMGA)
- NATE certifications for our skilled technicians
- More than 200 Google five-star reviews.
Get in touch with Craig’s Services by contacting us at (801) 295-3357.