Most Recent HVAC Advancements

May 11, 2020

The city of Bountiful, UT, experiences comfortable weather as well as an above-average outdoor air quality score throughout the year. This is great news. To keep your indoor air quality just as healthy, you are encouraged to employ your home’s HVAC system. Indoor air pollution has several sources. Some are innocent such as pet dander. Others are hidden like radon. Additionally, the most recent HVAC advancements have delivered complementary products as well as standalone units. At Craig's Services, our team can walk you through the options that will benefit your household the most. Let’s take a look at some of those recent HVAC advancements.

Air Conditioners

When the weather gets hot, a well-working air conditioner is a must. The latest AC units include features like:

  • Higher energy ratings
  • Less noise
  • More power output
  • Improved capacity

A lot of the new AC features are built around smart connectivity. This allows you, the user, to personalize the settings from an app on your smartphone. The thermostat is one of the most energy-efficient features because you are in full control. If you forget to turn it down or off, you can do so from the app even when you are already out of the house. The fan speed is also now a feature that is adjustable, as is the direction of the fans. Air filters are improved as well. The average HVAC unit can handle a MERV 8 rating air filter. More powerful AC units, however, can handle 11 and 12 ratings without causing any overheating.

Lennox manufacturers a line of AC units that have favorable seasonal energy efficiency ratios and sound ratings. They include a variety of compressors such as variable speed as well as one-, two-, and multi-state.

Heat Pumps

Heat pumps manufactured by Lennox also have favorable seasonal energy efficiency ratios and sound ratings. They score well on heating efficiency ratings. The compressors include variable speed as well as one-, two-, and multi-state. HVAC advancements allow heat pumps to have more than one blower motor speed. There are pool, spa, and water heating settings. They usually include backup heating, too.

Furnaces

Characteristics of a solid furnace are:

  • Energy efficiency
  • Smart thermostat
  • Smart controller
  • Improved indoor air quality
  • Total control

An important rating for a furnace is AFUE, or annual fuel utilization efficiency. Furnaces produced by Lennox achieve a rating of at least 80%. In the case of an 80% rating, it means that 80% of the heat consumed is turned into heat. The remaining 20% is used to turn out the output. You can count on the furnaces from Lennox to also have variable speed, which produces limited sounds, especially when less heat is needed. Other benefits recent HVAC advancements have delivered for heating systems include improved dual heat exchangers, ignition systems, and zone heating.

Thermostats

The smart thermostat is one HVAC component that has seen several upgrades. It delivers improved energy efficiency, programming like zoning, and helps to prevent costly problems. By some measurements, the smart thermostat is safer and also easy to use. Thermostats, generally, no longer include mercury, which makes them safer. Instead of dials, the thermostat of today includes a touchscreen. The smart thermostat is controlled by software, but it is still simple to use. You do not have to have a high-level understanding of technology. When you are ready, download the corresponding app so that you can take advantage of the additional features.

Since you can program a smart thermostat, it is more energy-efficient. Studies show that it does lead to less energy, prevent waste, and lower costs. It is also easier to switch between temperatures without causing additional strain on the HVAC system. Lennox thermostats are Wi-Fi-compatible, programmable, and can control humidity.

Packaged Systems

If you are in need of new heating, cooling, and ventilation systems, prepackaged units from Lennox are an option. There are gas furnace and air conditioner packages available, for example. The LRP16GE has a SEER rating of 16 and an AFUE rating of 81%. There is a Healthy Climate® air purification accessory that complements the package. The accessory eliminates volatile organic compounds through photocatalytic oxidation. A bonus is that it is easy to install. Lennox also sells packaged heat pumps. The LRP14HP, for example, is known to keep a house comfortable year-round.

To explore recent HVAC advancements in more detail, contact us at Craig's Services in Bountiful, UT, to schedule an appointment. Heating, cooling, and plumbing are the other services we offer.

company icon
Categories: